Window Server 2008 R2 Enterprise + SP1
Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 installed
.Net 4.5 framework Installed
When I double clicked SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe, it just disappeared immediately, no setup window popped up. then I tried
1. unzip the installation code
2. Open cmd.exe with administrator role
3. run setup.exe from command line, then I got error message
ERROR: Runtime error: This method explicitly uses CAS policy, which has been obs
oleted by the .NET Framework. In order to enable CAS policy for compatibility re
asons, please use the NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy configuration switch. Please
see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=155570 for more information.
looks like the error is caused by higher version of .Net Framework.
4. Uninstalled .Net 4.5 framework
5. rerun setup.exe, this time it worked as expected.
sometimes unzip the installation file and run from command line can get more detail error message, especially when you install hotfix and service patch.